The Finger Phonics Big Books introduce young children to all of the letter sounds, not just the alphabet. The teaching is multisensory. Each letter sound is introduced with a detailed illustration, a simple story, an action and a large formation letter. As the children’s letter-sound knowledge builds up, blending words (which use only known letter sounds) are included for early reading practice. The wipe-clean plastic sheet can be clipped to the activity pages at the end of each book for fun and engaging whole-class teaching.
These refreshed editions are the same as previous editions in terms of number of pages, pagination and core content, but have been enhanced with:
• New cover designs, colour-coded to match each group of letter sounds across other Jolly Phonics resources
• Fresh and new full-page illustrations for each page
• New-style, easy-to-follow letter formation guides
• Information panels showing how to use each page
• Additional items within each picture to tie in with the vocabulary taught in Jolly English
• Updated activities at the end of each book to align with other Jolly Phonics resources